onsdag den 8. december 2010

Breathing through the mouth

I feel better from the cold now, but I still have very thick mucus, that I am coughing up (Thank God). I comes out through my mouth and also my nose, strange thing that it's coming through the nose, that usually only happend when I was a child. Snot :) It's very thick and I have to blow my nose very forcefully (it's a bit embarrasing to do at work, but it has to come out). This makes it hard for me to breath through the nose, so I am mouth wide open all the time.

I am using hypertonic saline, have been on it for about a year I think, and it's amazing stuff. It dries out my mucus and makes it easier to cough up. I love it. If I have had a cold like this prior to being diagnosed, without the saline, I for sure would have felt much worse, and maybe even developed pneumonia...?

I am also still on oral antibiotics, started over 14 days ago, but I continue to take it while I still have yellow mucus. And I feel better when I am on oral antibiotics, my body doesn't hurt and I don't have pain in my lungs. I am going to discuss this with my doctor at my next appointment.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar